Posted by Kelly Simants
I am excited to announce that the Dallas Office of Sweet Pea Events is launching an intensive one-day workshop called “Be Inspired!” for people interested in learning more about the wedding business and inside scoop on becoming a Wedding Planner! We have had so many inquiries over the past few years from people aspiring to be a Wedding Planner, so I'm excited we are now able to expand our services and help others develop their careers.
Here are high-level details about the workshop:
- When: Wednesday, April 8, 2009 – 9:00 am – 4:30 pm
- Where: The Dallas Arboretum - 8525 Garland Road Dallas, Texas 75218. For more information about this beautiful venue, please visit www.dallasarboretum.org
- Why: There are some excellent wedding planner certification programs and networking groups available. However, we have found that there are very few options for people interested in simply attending a workshop to learn more about the wedding industry and what is involved with becoming a Wedding Planner. My goal is to offer an affordable solution where you can Be Inspired, soak in a ton of valuable information and great take-aways which will help you to determine if wedding planning is the right career path for you. With my 8 years of experience as a Planner, I’m excited to share my history with aspiring Wedding Planners and help give you a jump start into this wonderful industry! I also have a passion for developing others, as I was in Human Resources prior to the wedding industry and thoroughly enjoy providing training and development opportunities!
- What: We will cover a variety of topics which will include: Wedding Industry Statistics and Trends, Basics of Owning a Wedding Planning Business, Day in the Life of a Wedding Planner, Marketing Tips, Establishing Vendor Relationships, Pricing & Sales, Next Steps You Can Pursue, and More!
- How: To reserve your space in this workshop, please contact Kelly at email@example.com to request a registration form no later than Friday, April 3, 2009. The total cost of this workshop is $200 which will include lunch. If you bring a friend, the cost for each of you will only be $150! Registration will close on Friday, April 3, 2009, so please ensure your registration form and payment are submitted by then. Note: Class size will be limited to 20 participants and is based on a first-come, first-serve basis. Considering the requests we have already received, this workshop will fill up quickly. Looking forward to your participation and meeting you in person!